Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Richy Werenski Wins Golf Channel's Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL Reality Competition Series

Werenski Earns Exemption to the 2015 Barbasol Championship and More than $80,000 in Cash and Prizes

(ORLANDO, Fla.) – Richy Werenski (Bluffton, S.C. / South Hadley, Mass.) defeated Justin Martinson (Savannah, Ga. / Avondale, Pa.) 2&1 in the championship match on Monday’s finale of Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL, the 23rd season of Golf Channel’s reality competition franchise.

Contested on the Champion Course at PGA National Resort & Spa – home to the PGA TOUR’s Honda Classic and the famed Bear Trap – Werenski captured the early momentum by winning the first two holes. However, Martinson not only erased Werenski’s early advantage, but took the lead by converting four consecutive birdies (holes 8-11) to go 2-up. Battling the elements, Werenski won the next three holes to regain 1-up lead heading into The Bear Trap (holes 15-17). The duo traded pars on 15 and 16, and on the par-3 17th – after nearly holing out his tee shot – Werenski closed out the match with a 5-foot birdie putt to win 2&1.

“I just thought of my parents and everything they’ve done for me. I can’t wait for them to see this,” said Werenski following the conclusion of the match. “I’m through the roof right now. I thought I was good enough to win this, and I knew if I just played my game I would have a really good chance. Now I feel that much better about my game.

“I’ve never felt as much pressure that I felt here,” Werenski continued. “Now, I feel way more prepared for whatever the future has to offer.”

As champion of Big Break The Palm Beaches, FL, Werenski receives a sponsor’s exemption to compete in the 2015 Barbasol Championship on the PGA TOUR (July 16-19). In addition, he receives more than $80,000 in cash and prizes, including:
* $60,000 in cash, including $10,000 courtesy of Adams Golf.
* An endorsement contract from Adams Golf.
* $10,000 in car rental credit courtesy of Avis Car Rental.
* $10,000 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity.
* A return, week-long trip for two to PGA National Resort & Spa, including suite accommodations, daily breakfast, select Spa services, daily golf and a chef’s private dinner at Ironwood Steak & Seafood.

As a result of winning challenge prizes on the series, Werenski also earns:
* $6,000 in cash
* $2,250 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity

Martinson won the following challenge prizes during the course of the series:
* $6,000 in cash
* $2,500 in car rental credit courtesy of Avis Car Rental
* $2,250 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity

No comments: