Monday, July 13, 2015

In Gee Chun Wins U.S. Women's Open Championship

(HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA) – Srixon congratulates staffer In Gee Chun for her victory at the 2015 U.S. Women’s Open Championship held at the Lancaster Country Club, in Lancaster, Pa.  The 20-year-old South Korean won the 70th United States Women’s Open Championship in her first appearance at the event by shooting a 4-under 66 in the final round for a one-stroke come-from-behind victory.  Chun began Sunday’s final round four shots off the lead, but birdied three of her final four holes to finish the tournament at 8-under par 272.

“Everything I faced and I did here was completely new,” said Chun.  So all I did was enjoy the new stuff.  I enjoyed it and I had a lot of fun.  Even though I’m Korean, here American fans supported me a lot and they gave a lot of claps.  That put me in a great rhythm of play, and I enjoyed that tournament rhythm.”      

Chun, who is a member of the KLPGA and JLPGA, has made only four previous starts on the LPGA Tour.  The U.S. Women’s Open victory was Chun’s fifth of the year, with three wins in Korea and one victory in Japan.  Chun plays Srixon’s new 4th generation Z STAR ball with SpinSkin Technology, and wears a Srixon glove.

For more information on In Gee Chun and the Journey to Better, visit: http://srixon.com/thejourney/.

For additional information on Srixon, Cleveland Golf, and XXIO products or staff players, visit: www.clevelandgolf.com, www.srixon.com, and www.xxiousa.com.

No comments: