Thursday, December 3, 2015

Quotes from Tiger's TIME Article

(RELEASE) - Tiger Woods, who turns 40 on December 30, talked to TIME this week about his recovery from back surgery, his legacy and what he wishes he had known before everything changed.

I’ve included a link below to the extended interview on Time.com that explores his private struggles, and his high and lows on and off the course

Below are some quotes:
On what he has to prove: "I’ve done a lot more in the game than I ever thought I could. And to be in my 30s, and to have done this much? I never would have foreseen that.”

On his relationship with the media: "I have a lot of good friends in the media. Guys I’ve gone out to dinner with on countless occasions. With respect. There’s also a flip side of people that I really don’t care for. Hey, they made their career being negative and being outlandish. They’ve made a career out of it. But that’s their take. They’ve almost created a character, per se.”

On what he would have done differently in 2009: “In hindsight, it’s not how I would change 2009 and how it all came about. It would be having a more open, honest relationship with my ex-wife. Having the relationship that I have now with her is fantastic. She’s one of my best friends.

On his relationship with Lindsey Vonn: “We never had time together….It’s a relationship that was fantastic, but it just can’t work on that level. It just could not work. It was doing an injustice to both of us.”

On what he thinks about his legacy: “The greatest thing that could happen is to not be remembered. What I mean by that is, the kids right now, they don’t know that Michael Jordan played. They see a Jumpman [logo] and they think, that’s so cool. I’m talking young kids, really young kids, single digits in age, they have no idea who Michael Jordan was, but the Jumpman logo is cool. Now, for me, they don’t understand who that is. My learning center, kids go through it and they don’t know who I am. They don’t know what I’ve done. But it’s a safe haven for them to learn and grow."

For the complete article: http://time.com/tiger/?xid=emailshare.

No comments: